Bonjour ! It's Danielle again, bringing you one of my favorite things in the world... Essential oils!!! Specifically 100% pure lavender essential oil from goPure. It's a therapeutic grade, undiluted oil with calming, balancing, clarifying and relaxing benefits.
And of course I must disclose that I received this free for my unbiased review.
Now we've all heard of essential oils, but I don't think that many buy it because they don't know what to do with it. Well I'm here to give you a few tips and tricks to get you and your house smelling like French lavender fields!
1. Add a few drops to a warm/hot shower or bath. Instant aromatherapy!!
2. Add about two drops to a wax or oil warmer, fills a whole room.
3. Add a whole dropper full to the bottom of a reed diffuser set.
4. If you have vents for A/C or heating, add 2-3 drops into the vent.
5. Add 1-2 drops into the windowsill and let the wind carry the scent through your house.
6. Dilute about 5-6 drops in 1/4 c of coconut, almond or jojoba oil and use for massages, sore muscles and other aromatherapy uses.
7. Dilute 5-6 drops in a 8 oz spray bottle and use as a room freshener.
8. Make your own scented bleach or laundry detergent! Add a few drops into 1/4 c of either unscented bleach or unscented detergent. Use as you normally would.
9. WARNING, try this on the underside of your wrist first to test for any allergic reactions!
If you're fine, then slide your finger along the dropper and lightly fan scent spots like behind your ears and knees and insides of wrists.
10. Using a old and small Tupperware container, fill out with baking soda and really pack it in. Then add a few drops of the lavender essential oil on top. Now you can stick it in the back of your closet to lightly deodorize your clothes, shoes, etc...
11. Add ONE drop to the underside of your pillow, not the pillowcase. This should help calm your nerves and lull you into sleep.
12. If you have any unscented lotions, add a drop at a time depending on the size of the bottle until it's to your satisfaction.
I know this whole post has been about lavender oil, but I want to remind you that there at WAY more oils out there that have so many therapeutic uses!!! So I'm sharing this wonderful article from Fix.com as well as an in depth and informative infographic. It features many other well known essential oils as well as how and when to use them!!!